903 WASHINGTON AVE S
Located in Minneapolis, MN
This adaptive reuse project brings 20,000 s.f. of retail/restaurant space to this fast-growing downtown Minneapolis condo neighborhood.
The original structure was built in 1901 and served as a horse stable. Design elements from this period are mixed with finer detailed finish materials and landscaping to create a new urban destination.
A 3rd floor and elevator were added by raising the roof between existing heavy timber roof trusses. New mechanical systems were added, and window openings necessary for retail use transform the building’s exterior.
Convenient walking/ biking access and light rail transit reduced required parking, thus increasing the site area available for outdoor seating and landscaping.